Sunday, November 21, 2010

first dress





This was my very first vintage pattern, I had gotten off of a member of Thefedoralounge.comand while it was still a few sizes too small my grandmother had the idea of using a photo copy machine (i had access to one at my old job) to grade it up 25% and too our surprise it worked out very well. My grandmother helped me out a lot on this dress, mostly with stay stitching because at the time, straight lines where still an issue for me.




Since making this dress i no longer fit into it, mostly in the shoulder and bust area- its too big and hangs very akwardly, since the collar was such a pain in the ass to put in, im not looking forward having to remove it and refit it later. But its such a waste to have it just sit in my closet doing nothing. choices choices.

3 comments:

  1. That is SUCH a good idea. I hate grading things but always have to alter somehow because I'm super tall. Also, your dress is beautiful! Are you wearing your shapewear under that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes i am, my open bottom girdle by rago but now i can fit into with out it with tons of room which sucks because i really like this dress

    ReplyDelete