Monday, November 22, 2010

sarong undone

A few months ago i was obsessed with finding a sarong dress.

I mostly had my eyes on the ones at vivenofholloway but could not find a single option in my size, plus i had a hard time spending almost $200 for a dress before shipping and having no idea if it would fit or not. So i set out to make my own- first stop was etsy alchamey where for $20 i had a pattern custom made for me by purple seed which came in muslin pattern pieces. At this time i had only been sewing for a month or two, it would be my first dress all on my own and silly me- the first time i would line something. F-me. I was using stashed lopard print sateen with a red sateen lining that i got from Fabric.com for around $1 a yard so i had TONS of it.

Weeks later i finally get the shell and lining together but completely forgot to add in silly things like straps and side ties.



above the ties are pinned on trying to find the right length to wear them at since it affects the bust dramticaly as you can see- sorry to say i have never gotten around finishing this dress but i hope with the posting of it here, it will some how inspire me to get back into it and fix the damn thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment