Saturday, November 20, 2010

Hello


I have a deep love for fashion from 1940 to early 1960's. WIth the creation of the show Mad men- it only got worse and worse and i spent years setting out trying to build a personal style based off elements from this time. With the popularity of rockabilly these past few years and the explosion websites like pinupgirlclothing.com some might find it easy except i hardly fit into sites like these clothing.

I have a 5 foot 5 inches, 209-220lb fat girl and completely okay with it... or getting there. So with the help of my grandmother i set out to learn to sew my own clothes that at the very least could fit me- and i do say i do have the dream of making clothes for others like me- but that is all going to come in time i hope.

So this blog for the most part is going to focus on building my own personal style either through shopping or sewing.

1 comment:

  1. I'm trying to sew my own wardrobe too because I also have issues finding clothing. The cool thing is, amongst other pros, you're going to be able to make something to fit you exactly in the color and style you want and of better quality. It's really cool I think. The possibilities get my mind reeling.

    ReplyDelete